The research that we do is made possible by financial support from organisations such as the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) and Australian Research Council (ARC), in the form of research grants that fund specific projects. Our current and previous research grants are listed below. Contact Adam for more information if you are interested in the outcomes of these projects or our goals for the future.
- Guastella A, Hickie I, Young L, Banati R, Djupesland P, Lagopoulos J, Gregoire M; Understanding biological pathways underlying social behaviour in humans, Australian Research Council/ Linkage Projects (LP; 2015-19).
- Guastella, A.J., Whitehouse, A.W., Gregory, S. Oxytocin as a treatment for toddlers with autism, NHMRC Project Grant (2013-2015)
- Guastella, A.J. Assessing markers of response to oxytocin as a treatment for autism. BUPA Foundation, (2012-2014).
- Guastella, A.J., MacLeod, C., Scott, E.M. Attentional and conditioning mechanisms that mediate overcoming anxiety. ARC Linkage (2012-15)
- Russell, J., Treasure, J., Guastella, A., Schmidt, U., Tchanturia, K., Maguire, S., Carson D., The effect of oxytocin on cognitive rigidity and social anxiety in eating disorders: A randomized placebo controlled trial of the effects of oxytocin in the treatment of anorexia nervosa. Butterfly Foundation, (2011).
- Guastella, A.J, Langdon, R.A., Scott, E.M., Ward, P.B., Naismith, S.L., Redoblado Hodge, M.A. Examination of the cognitive and biological circuitry underlying social-cognitive training in first episode psychosis. ARC Linkage 2011-13.
- Guastella, A.J., Langdon, R., Reblado-Hodge, Ward, & Scott. Effects of Oxytocin on Social Cognition in Schizophrenia. NHMRC Project Grant (2010-11).
- Guastella, A.J., Einfeld, S., Rinehart, N., Gray, K. A Randomized Controlled Trial of Oxytocin for Young People with Autism. NHMRC Project Grant (2010-12).
- Einfeld, S.E., Guastella, A.J., Smith, E., Oxytocin Treatment for Prader-Willi Syndrome. NHMRC Project Grant (2010-11).
- Guastella, A.J., Einfeld, S., Rinehard, N., Gray, K., Lambert, T., & Tonge, B. Effects of Oxytocin in Young People with Autism. NHMRC Project Grant (2009-10).
- Lintzeris, N., McGregor, I., Winstock, A., & Guastella. A. J. A Trial of lithium carbonate for cannabis withdrawal. NHMRC Project Grant (2009-10)
- Guastella, A.J. D-Cycloserine augmentation of psychological treatments for young adults with Social Anxiety Disorder.University of Sydney Bridging Support Grant (2009).
- Guastella, A.J. The effect of Oxytocin on the processing of positive and threatening social cues. University of Sydney Bridging Support Grant (2009).
- Guastella, A.J. Dadds, M.R., Richardson, R., & Lovibond, P. D-Cycloserine And Conditioning: Increasing The Effectiveness Of Exposure Therapy For Fear And Anxiety. NHMRC Project Grant (2005-2007)
- Dadds, M. & Guastella A.J. Mechanisms of Change in Emotional Processing of Trauma. ARC Goldstar (2006)